The China-Asean Expo (CAEXPO)
The China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) is a special event co-sponsored by China and the 10 ASEAN countries. It is the only international trade fair which themes on the China-ASEAN Free Trade Area (CAFTA) and aims at promoting the reciprocal cooperation and common development of China and ASEAN. Guangxi, the host province of the CAEXPO, is the closest province in China to ASEAN both by sea and land passages, while its Guangxi Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Zone is an important international regional economic zone in China, with prominent potentials and abundant business opportunities.
Under the Framework Agreement on China-ASEAN Comprehensive Economic Cooperation, CAEXPO focuses on regional economic and trade cooperation. Main objectives of CAEXPO are:
- Promoting the China-ASEAN Free Trade Area;
- Enhancing bilateral trade relation, investment and tourism between ASEAN and China.
CAEXPO is one of the biggest international exposition in China sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce of China and the most influential exposition for “10+1” cooperation.
MATRADE, as the lead agency, has been coordinating Malaysia’s participation in CAEXPO since 2004. The lists of awards received by MATRADE for participation in CAEXPO are as follows:
- Best Trade Visitor Organiser
- Best Industry Organiser
- The 12th China-ASEAN Expo Best Exhibition Organiser
- The 12th China-ASEAN Expo Best Industry Organiser
- The 12th China-ASEAN Expo City of Charm
- The 11th China-ASEAN Expo Best Exhibition Organiser
- The 11th China-ASEAN Expo Best Promotion Investment Cooperation
- CAEXPO 10th Anniversary Excellent Organiser
- CAEXPO 10th Anniversary Special Contribution
- 9th CAEXPO Best Organiser of Exhibitor
- 9th CAEXPO Best Organiser of Investment Cooperation
With the joint efforts between China and ASEAN in organising the expo, there will be more bilateral cooperation under CAFTA in promoting trade among participating countries through CAEXPO which focuses on regional economic and trade cooperation and provides enormous opportunities for the business communities, especially for Malaysian exporters to penetrate into this huge market. CAEXPO will also serve as a platform to promote and further strengthen the cooperation and exchange of trade and investment between Malaysia and China and will contribute in achieving the bilateral trade target of USD160 billion by 2017 as agreed by both countries.