Go Global with Digital Free Trade Zone (DFTZ)
The Digital Free Trade Zone (DFTZ) is an initiative to capitalize on the confluence and exponential growth of the internet economy and cross-border eCommerce activities. The DFTZ is setup to facilitate seamless cross-border trade and enable local businesses to export their goods with a priority for eCommerce. DFTZ will provide physical and virtual zones to facilitate SMEs to capitalise on the convergence of exponential growth of the internet economy and cross-border eCommerce activities.
There are three components comprising both physical and virtual zones:
- eFulfilment Hub : To help SMEs / businesses in exporting their goods easily, with the help of leading fulfilment service providers.
- Satellite Services Hub : To connect SMEs / businesses with leading players who offer services like financing, last mile fulfilment, insurance and other services which are important in cross-border trade.
- eServices Platform : To efficiently manage cargo clearance and other processes needed for cross-border trade.
With the launch of the DFTZ, will be a boost to Malaysia’s eCommerce roadmap that was introduced in 2016, which aims to double the nation’s eCommerce growth and increase the GDP contribution to RM211 billion (approximately US$47.68 billion) by year 2020.
DFTZ aims to:
- Help SMEs to export their products globally with ease
- Enable global marketplaces to source from Malaysian manufacturers / sellers
- Make Malaysia the regional fulfilment hub for global brands to reach ASEAN buyers
- Nurture an ecosystem to drive innovation in ecommerce and internet economy
For more information about DFTZ, please visit https://mydftz.com