The Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) is the certificate required by the importing country to certify that the products are already sold in the country of origin. This is to ensure that the product is suitable to be sold in the importing country.
The CFS issued by MATRADE is only for finished household products manufactured locally. For other products, to contact Ministry / Agencies as follows:
|Ministry of Health (MOH)
Medical Device Authority (MDA) – Medical device product
Food Safety and Quality Division – Food and beverages
National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau
i) Cosmetic product
ii) Pharmaceutical product
|Department of Veterinary Services
Animal food products/ Vaccines for animals/Animal products
Application Checklist with MATRADE
- Register with MATRADE
- Application letter with company letterhead consists of:
- Name of country to export
- Name of product to export
- A copy of "Sijil Pendaftaran di Bawah Akta Syarikat 1965"/Borang 9 from Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM).
- A copy of:
- Manufacturing license or
- Business license from local government/local authority or
- Certificate of " License Manufacturing Warehouse (LMW) or
- Certificate of " Free Industrial Zone"
- Three (3) local invoices for each product.
- Brochure / pamphlet of each product.