The Go-Ex programme is one of the High Impact Programmes (HIP) of the SME Masterplan and developed as part of the Government’s initiatives to guide and enhance the growth of exports of Malaysian SMEs. MATRADE was appointed as the implementing agency of the programme to nurture local SMEs to become more resilient and competitive in the international market place. This programme is aimed at addressing challenges faced by SMEs on new market entry due to the high upfront costs and the lack of detailed knowledge about new markets and competitors.
The programme is targeted at export ready companies or high potential exporting companies venturing into new products or new markets. The programme will provide customized advisory and marketing assistance by appointed Market Advisors and Market Linkers to SMEs to significantly improve their export performance.
All sectors are eligible to apply for the programme except for finance.
Programme Benefits - Enhancing SME’s position internationally
1) Direct advice from the Practitioner Experts (company may choose and appoint practitioner expert)
SME will be assisted on their business concept and export business plan to be tailored for the targeted markets.
2) Minimize Cost and Time
Go-Ex programme will reduce SME's travel cost and time. It is done through the preliminary discussion which will take place in Malaysia prior to the market immersions.
3) Equipped with knowledge on the targeted market
- SMEs will be furnished with the information about their competitor’s products/services in order to strengthen their strategy.
- SME will be getting expert advices on how to position their products in the targeted market on product suitability, market trends, branding, permits, standards and certifications.
4)Direct One-to-One with Potential Client
- The programme will assist SMEs in identifying potential clients.
- Pre-arranged business matching & products presentation with prospective clients.
The selection of the Go-Ex Companies will be based on the following criteria:
SMEs based on the definition approved by the National SME Development Council (NSDC) and fulfill the following threshold:
Manufacturing Sales turnover ≤ RM 50 million or full time employees ≤ 200 workers Services and other sectors Sales turnover ≤ RM 20 million or full time employees ≤75 workers
- Locally incorporated under the Companies Act 1965; or
- Registered under the Registration of Business Act (1956) or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Act 2012; or
- Registered under the respective authorities or district offices in Sabah and Sarawak; or
- Registered under the respective statutory bodies for professional service providers.
- Not a public-listed company in the main board in Malaysia or other countries;
- Not a subsidiary of large firms, MNCs, GLCs, Syarikat Menteri Kewangan DiPerbadankan (MKDs) or state-owned enterprises;
- Not a subsidiary of public listed companies in the main board in Malaysia or other countries
- Not a trading company;
- Registered with MATRADE;
- At least 60% equity owned by Malaysians;
- New exporters that are export ready or existing exporters venturing to new markets or existing exporters with new products/services;
- Products suitable for export;
- Good financial standing.
- Business Meetings
- Product / Service Presentation
- Cost related to market immersion (in arranging Business Meetings) including:
- interpreter / translator
- ground transportation (public transport)
- branding (advertising & promotion)
- sending of samples
- Appointment of Practitioner Expert
Form of Assistance
A 50% reimbursable matching grant on eligible activities and expenses.
The maximum grant for any eligible company under the Go-Ex programme is RM200,000.00. Any applicant that has utilised the maximum grant of RM200,000.00 since the commencement of the Go-Ex programme in October 2014, is not eligible for consideration.
Joining The Programme
Interested companies must meet the programme criteria as stated above. Application can be made by submitting The Go-Ex Application Form, The Export Readiness Assessment Form together with all the required supporting documents to MATRADE.
Go-Ex Programme - Application Form
Go-Ex Programme - Export Readiness Assessment
Go-Ex Programme - Guideline for Export Business Plan
For further information about the programme or if you are interested in applying, please contact us at:
Secretariat for The Going Export (Go-Ex) Programme
15th Floor (East Wing),
Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Tel: +603-6207 7077
Fax: +603-6203 7260