SEF provides assistance to Malaysian Service Providers (MSPs) to undertake activities to expand and venture into the international market. The assistance is extended in the form of reimbursable grant and soft loan. The grant and soft loan disbursed is according to the maximum amount of each activity and up to a total of RM5 million per company for the duration of the period 2015 – 2020.
The objectives are:
- To increase the competitiveness of Malaysian Service Providers (MSPs) overseas;
- To increase accessibility and expand export of MSPs in the global market;
- To expand the scope for export promotion to gain market access and export opportunities for services; and
- To raise the profile of Malaysia at the international level as competent service provider and brand Malaysia as a supplier of services.
Eligible activities are:
- Promoting Malaysian expertise in services at international events overseas as speaker in conferences, forums and participating in services industry related competitions.
- Travelling expenses for tender bidding.
- Procuring commercial intelligence / market reports for assessing business opportunity or projects overseas.
- Rendering services for projects undertaken overseas.
- Presentation to potential clients for assessing business and projects overseas.
- Preparation of prototype, system customisation and localisation to meet projects requirements.
||Initial Cost of Setting up Office Overseas.
||Logistic cost of sending Malaysian products, equipment or merchandising for project abroad undertaken by Malaysian services companies.
||Grant for conducting feasibility study for specific international project overseas.
|B. Soft Loan (Soft Loan Scheme for Services Exports)|
||Costs incurred in preparation and submission of project proposals for overseas projects.
||Expenses related to raising bank guarantee or performance bond to execute overseas project.
Apply Now Guideline for SEF