The National Trade Blueprint (NTBp) is a blueprint commissioned by The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and developed by MATRADE to increase Malaysia’s trade competitiveness through improved business ecosystem.
It outlines a 5-year (2021-2025) development strategy and initiatives to enhance Malaysia’s export competitiveness, specifically in the exports of merchandise. It aims to position Malaysia as a dynamic and pre-eminent trading nation through sustainable export development.
The key objectives of the National Trade Blueprint:
1. Identify the challenges in enhancing trade competitiveness.
2. Benchmark against other countries with effective strategies and best practices in trade promotion.
3. Formulate & implement action plans and programmes for government, industry and the private sector to enhance trade competitiveness.
4. Enhance Malaysia's export competitiveness through,
- Improved business ecosystem
- Increased export value and number of exporters and
- Promotion of products where Malaysia has or should have competitiveness in the future
NTBp complements other current policies and masterplans by converging objectives, aligning & consolidating initiatives, and bringing together various stakeholders to create a more conducive business ecosystem. Concerted efforts from Ministries, Agencies, State Governments and other stakeholders is crucial to ensure successful implementation of NTBp.
To access the NTBp document, click the image below:
National Trade Blueprint